The Joshua Tree Retreat Center offers an intentional habitat for wellness-based programs, festive cultural events, environmental education, and deep spiritual inquiry.
- To be a vital resource for the international spiritual community while cultivating a working relationship with the growing local community.
- To welcome a diverse population of beliefs, ideas, and backgrounds
- To provide safe, flexible, and affordable space for teachers to gather their students
- To foster space for personal introspection, reflection, creativity, and well-being
- To uphold for posterity the fragile desert ecosystem and calming vistas
- To make available and further the teachings of Mentalphysics
- To preserve the historic architectural assets that grace the retreat campus
- To establish an academy of original programming and healing modalities
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Is here to share as a means to finding one’s own “religion” in the tradition of pilgrimages with freedom from distraction.
In a contemplative retreat atmosphere that provides refuge for the greater community with an emphasis on health and wellness for the body and mind.
Based on a wide range of self care practices that incorporate body, mind, and spirit; informed by the science of Mentalphysics which teaches that Prana – life energy – carries intelligence that can be harnessed in breath work, meditation
In a creative learning environment, with buildings and outdoor spaces designed for large and small groups who desire the lure of the desert.
Of our natural environment and historic buildings, in a careful and conscious manner.
As a deep knowing of something greater and meaningful. Being at home and appreciated in a supportive environment.